Kia ora, welcome to EC Leadership.
The Early Childhood Leadership Group speaks for a grouping of kindergarten associations responsible for teaching almost 40 per cent of the kindergarten children in New Zealand. Our members are committed to combining the traditional kindergarten model with modern delivery by offering different kinds of service for different kinds of family. We are: The Auckland Kindergarten Association and its all-day subsidiary KINZ; the Central Kids Kindergartens and its all-day operation CNI Early Education Services Trust; the Waikato Kindergarten Association and its all-day operation Early Education Waikato; and the Counties Manukau Kindergarten Association, and its all-day operation Early Learning Counties Manukau.
Our purpose is to:
- represent members in the provision of high quality early childhood education (ECE)
- enhance the leadership capability within the membership
- acknowledge and respect the dual heritage of Aotearoa/New Zealand
- unite on common goals
Our objectives are to:
- represent members on relevant regional and national matters
- represent members during employment agreement negotiations
- advocate for high quality ECE for New Zealand children
- work collaboratively with other ECE organisations on relevant matters
- support and encourage diversity in the ECE sector